The HITS Consortium invites attendees interested in presenting at the 2018 Conference to submit abstracts. Those submitting abstracts must provide original work that has not been previously published or presented. Accepted abstracts will be presented as a poster in a scheduled poster session during the 2018 conference. You must be registered for the conference in order to present your poster. Submissions must be focused around infectious disease transmission as it relates to healthcare, broadly defined. The HITS Consortium welcomes healthcare and infection prevention research and practice/process improvements from the following disciplines to submit abstracts and present at this year’s conference:
- Environmental microbiology
- Environmental transmission via water, air, or surfaces
- Infection prevention
- Healthcare Environmental Services
- Healthcare Facilities Management
- Hand hygiene
- New Innovation Adoption
How to Submit
Abstracts may be submitted to info@HITSConsortium.org with subject line “Abstract Submission – HITS 2018”. Please provide contact information to receive communications regarding abstract submission status. Abstracts may be submitted and updated until the submission deadline. Faxed or mailed abstracts will not be considered.
Abstracts must be 350 words or less. Authors and affiliations must be provided. All authors and co-authors must have reviewed abstract prior to submission. Any conflicts of interest, financial or personal, must be disclosed upon abstract submission. For submissions based on original research, abstract must contain enough details about data or results to convince the Abstract Committee that the submission will be ready for presentation in September 2018. Abstracts must be submitted in English, be in narrative format, and must spell out any acronyms that will be used in the presentation. Authors must include generic product names whenever possible. Priority will be given to abstracts that appeal to an interdisciplinary audience. Submissions will be evaluated on clarity, overall fit into conference program, innovation or novelty of research, and applicability to an interdisciplinary audience.
Abstracts must contain the following five components:
- Title: A clear and concise title describing the purpose of the project.
- Introduction: A brief background to introducing the research question behind the project and the research gaps being addressed.
- Methods: Description of methods used, including but not limited to, study design, sample size, statistical analysis, etc.
- Results: Summarize the findings of the study.
- Conclusions: Discuss the findings and implications of the study on healthcare and infection prevention practice.
Abstract Submission Timeline
February 14, 2018 – Call for abstracts
June 24, 2018 @ 11:59 PM EST – Deadline for submissions
July 16, 2018 – Notification of acceptance and poster size and formatting requirements.
Submit Abstracts to: