The purposed of this policy is to set out guidelines and procedures concerning participation within the HITS Consortium Working Groups
Policy (Effective Date: March 8, 2018)
General Participation Protocol
- A workgroup participant must maintain active HITS Membership and is in good standing with the HITS Consortium.
- Individual participation is limited to a maximum of 1 group at any time.
- Industry involvement multiple groups is limited to a maximum of 50% of the current active groups.
- Individual participation is non-transferable.
- Membership is restricted to the working group for which that member is registered. A nonworkgroup member may not act as a substitute for another’s absenteeism.
- The group leader has final decision on all matters pertaining to the workgroup.
- Failure to abide by working group guidelines can result in removal from working group.
Working Group Requirements
- Each working group is required to have a minimum of 4 members
- Each working group is required to contain one or more Academic members
- Each working group is required to consist of one or more members from Healthcare or other
- Industry representation should not exceed 50% of the workgroup membership
- Workgroup meeting should be held at least quarterly
- Scheduling and hosting of workgroup meetings is the responsibly of the Group Leader(s)
- All communication must be conducted on a HITS approved conference lines and workflow platforms
- All events and notices should be posted on the working resource page
- A member of the HITS consortium board, Steering committee and/or otherwise approved by the HITS board
- Must be from academia or healthcare and/or otherwise approved by the HITS board
- Is responsible for keeping the group resource page regularly updated and/or as information changes/required
- Is responsible for managing and moderating their own discussion forums
- Is responsible for working group directives, meetings minutes and initiation article
- Shall present group progress at the annual HITS conference
Last Updated: March 28, 2018